15.11.10

Holidaaaay! Celebrate!

Most of you guys were not born when I started singing this song... oh dear...

Anyway, I am home. I've been home for 3 days now. I just went to the supermarket next to my place to get some stuff to feed myself with. That's all. I fed my cat, texted my friends, they texted me back, read In Style, Vogue and Harper's Bazaar from cover to cover. In the mean time I watched quite a lot of DVDs. My favorite was an Oscar winning film called "Precious".  It's a sad sad story of an obese black girl in the 1980s. Her story was so sad and moving, I cried at the end of the film. This film made me realise how LUCKY we all are. We are lucky because we are healthy. We are lucky because we are free. We are lucky because we are educated. Everyday you come to school and I know you are not happy about it, but this girl doesn't even know how to read and write at the age of 16! She has got a horrible family... We are really lucky.



The second film I liked was "Chatroom". It was a thriller. In this film, there are 5 teenagers. They form a chatroom online but they don't really know eachother. At first, everything is fine, they chat for hours, they share secrets, talk about their problems. However, one of them has got evil plans for the other 4...
I know you are all too smart not to chat with people you don't know. Be careful out there.

SOOOO...... the lesson(s) of the day:

1- be thankful for what you have.
2- don't talk to strangers!

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment