17.11.10

Dear Gemini....

My students know that I am a proud Gemini... talkative, independant, funny, moody, undecisive, practical and cynical... My mother was interested in astrology when I was a little girl, so most of the things I read were about astrology. She loved reading, my mom. However, I only chose the books which were about astrology. They were fun, interesting and much less detailed than those Orhan Pamuk books. I grew up reading that a gemini woman was talkative, stubborn, intelligent, materialistic, kind of shallow in some cases, not very maternal, social, a great scheduler, sarcastic, judgemental, not a fan of loneliness and many other things... Now I am 33, have been doing a bit of soul searching within myself (plus, I HAVE the time since everyone's gone for the bayram!), am I really a total of those things? Or have I been programmed to be those things by reading what a Gemini woman is supposed to be? After 30, I feel a new sense of power inside me. A power to stand up and say NO to many things I used to accept before. I chose my job more consciously, I chose my friends more carefully and started to enjoy and appreciate my "alone" time. Am I changing into another sign?? Or am I becoming who I was supposed to be all along? Do I like the new me? Would I be close friends with the new me?

They say 33 is the hardest age. I thought I would never change. Slowly transforming into another persona makes me feel strange, very self-conscious I must admit. Maybe I should let go and see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment